Xylitol is a natural sweet-tasting alcohol sugar derived from woody, fibrous plant materials, and many fruits and vegetables. Xylitol is used as a sweetener in foods, and it can be used in baking as well.
- Looks and feels like sugar and it tastes good!
- Has 40% fewer calories than sugar
- Can be used by diabetes sufferers as a sugar substitute because of its minimal effect on blood sugar
And it has health benefits as well!
- Improves dental health by actually killing cavity-causing bacteria and inhibiting plaque and is added to candy and chewing gum to prevent tooth decay
- When added to a nasal spray, it aids in the clearing of mucous reducing the incidence of sinus and upper respiratory infections
- It has been shown to reduce the incidence of middle ear infections in children
- Possibly strengthening bones reducing the risk of osteoporosis
Throw away your sugar and artificial sweeteners – use Xylitol instead!